Welcoming Harry to the TRAIN team last Monday, it was exciting to have our first full week with all our new members of staff. This made for a lively week in running our refreshed provision timetable, with each of them now leading their own sessions.
- Young Women’s Group – young women who attended engaged well in the Cyber Safety focused session, enhancing their awareness of the importance in being cautious online.
- Young Men’s Group – a great opportunity for Harry to meet and get to know the young men who came along, over pizza, along with volunteer Darren
- Dinner and Debate – two really positive sessions were held, from discussions being facilitated around societal expectations, to a game of million-pound drop! Having now divided the sessions into one for year 7’s and 8’s and another for older young people, it was brilliant to see as many as 13 coming along for the latter and 5 new young people at the younger session!
- 1:1 Mentoring – Justina began mentoring at UTC and continued sessions at DGS, offering valuable tailored support to a number of young people to address any personal issues.
- Detached and Outreach – carried out by all members of staff throughout the week and supported by volunteer Rhonda on Tuesday, many new young people were met and certain behavioural concerns escalated to relevant agencies
- Young Women’s Football – a number of young women really enjoyed a good kick-about at Edmunds, the first session run by Lisa, along with volunteer Martin.
This week will see our schedule continuing, the youth work team continuing to build positive relationships with those engaging and meeting new young people around the town and likely in group sessions!
We hope you all have great weeks!
The TRAIN Team