- Lunch & Debate – the usual Instagram polls went down very well, getting young people thinking about various controversial topics - from should the selling of fur be banned to should fines be based on income?!
- Dinner and Debate – the week’s D&D sessions saw the team hosting positive group conversations with young people and posting the weekly interactive worksheet - this time round quizzing young people on how much they know about TRAIN! A great chance for them to learn more about our history and what they can get involved in with us. Click here to read more about Dinner and Debate over lockdown.
- Young Men’s Group – Harry posted powerful short film Deep It, exploring the impact of carrying a knife on young people and their communities. It was brilliant to then have many young people sharing their reflections on the clip through voting in his poll style questions posted after.
- Young Women’s – a bit of all important idea gathering was carried out for topics the young women are interested in being covered in future weeks.
- Tutorials – from another great make-up tutorial created by Charlotte to, perfect for the hot weather, a calming yoga flow video from Lisa, taking things down a level from her usual energy wild fitness tutorials.
- Kahoots Quizzes – young people were tested on their geography and film knowledge in quizzes posted over the week.
Usual 1:1 check-ins were also weaved into the week, alongside lots of tips on staying cool whilst socially distancing in the warm weather!
For an overview of the past month you can click here to have a read of or latest newsletter.
We also have news that on Friday evening we will be wishing goodbye to this much loved website, which has done us very well in helping us share the many wonderful things that have happened at TRAIN over the years. As a result it is likely to be out of action for a few hours. We hope this will not cause any inconvenience. Check back in on Saturday for the new look!
If you have any questions for us over the coming days or perhaps may be interested in signing up to receive email notifications for our news updates, please do drop us a line - click here for our contact details.
Thank you for reading. Keep taking care and looking after yourselves and our fingers are crossed last week’s weather will return for the weekend for us all!
The TRAIN Team
* living in Didcot or Harwell and/or attending a Didcot school.